The training season for Nippers runs from October/November to March of each year.
Registrations for new Nipper members are completed on line. Please go to the “Join our Club ” page for instructions on how to register
Children will be entering the water on a regular basis, and as such need to meet a required swim proficiency. All age groups complete an annual pool swim to confirm their member’s proficiency. This is mandatory, with nipper members excluded from water based activities until this is completed to the satisfaction of the Senior Age Group Manager. .
The required Swim Proficiency is:
- U/6’s 15 metres (freestyle) – 30 second Survival Float
- U/7’s 15 metres (freestyle) – 30 second Survival Float
- U/8’s 25 metres (freestyle) – 1 minute Survival Float
- U/9’s 50 metres (freestyle) – 1 minute Survival Float
- U/10’s 100 metres (freestyle) – 1 ½ minute Survival Float
- U/11’s 200 metres within 6 minutes – 2 minute Survival Float
- U/12’s 200 metres within 6 minutes – 2 minute Survival Float
- U/13’s 200 metres within 5 minutes – 3 minute Survival Float