President 1982-86, Vice President 1980-81, Club Captain 1979-82
With a background initially at Swanbourne-Nedlands at age 10, Allan movedto North Cottesloe obtaining his Bronze Medallion in 1963, then Bunbury before joining Triggs in 1976. Shows great willingness to take on any position asked of him taking at least 12 Committee and Office positions, many still held. He was voted Best Clubman on 2 occasions, 1978 and 1982.
Great enthusiasm and energy put him in great regard at State and National level:
- Examiner 1980 -1988
- Clubman of the Year 1981-84
- Life Saver of the Year 1984
- Director Surf life Saving W.A. 1988-90
- Street Appeal Coordinator 1988-90
- Craft Scrutineer 1991 onward
- Competition Official 1979 onward. Currently Level 3
- Aussies Committee 1979 & 1991
- Craft Scrutineer 2006 onward
- National President’s Medal 2012
Was a keen ski paddler, and competitor at Club and State Masters. He is regarded as one of the best competition officials in the State, always on call to be Referee at any carnival, respected by competitors and other officials for his background, long experience and overall knowledge.
He was awarded Life Membership in 1987, and recognised with Life Membership of SLSWA in 1994.
In 2012, he was recognised with a presentation by the Governor for Western Australia for achieving 50 years of volunteer service to Surf Lifesaving.
Currently on both the Hall and Life Member Committees and you can see him most days at the Club ordering and stocking the bar and doing odd jobs for the Club.