The training season for Juniors runs from October to March of each year.
Registrations for new Junior members are taken at the New Member Registration day, held in the clubrooms in September each year. This gives our new members a chance to have a look around our facilities and learn more about what the club has to offer.
Please remember to bring a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and payment for the membership fee on the day. If your child has any special medical conditions, please let your Age Group Manager know on the day of enrolment. The date for the New Member Registration day can be found in the What’s On section of this website
After your initial enrolment, Junior members can re-enrol online each year, once enrolments open.
Children will be entering the water on a regular basis, and as such need to meet a required swim proficiency. All age groups complete an annual pool swim to confirm their member’s proficiency. This is mandatory, with junior members excluded from water based activities until this is completed to the satisfaction of the Senior Age Group Manager. The date for the annual proficiency pool swim can be found in the What’s On section of this website.
The required Swim Proficiency is:
- U/8’s 25 metres (freestyle) 1 minute Survival Float
- U/9’s 50 metres (freestyle) 1 minute Survival Float
- U/10’s 100 metres (freestyle) 1 ½ minute Survival Float
- U/11’s 200 metres within 6 minutes 2 minute Survival Float
- U/12’s 200 metres within 6 minutes 2 minute Survival Float
- U/13’s 200 metres within 5 minutes 3 minute Survival Float
- U/14’s 200 metres within 5 minutes 3 minute Survival Float